High School Unit II
Activity 3: Extended Research
Among the questions students may wish to explore further:
- What were the "Seven Sisters" and what is the status of each “Sister” today?
- What arguments were used for and against making all-male colleges co-educational in the 1970s?
- What arguments are used in favor of single-sex colleges today?
- Why was Title IX added to the Education Code of 1972? What have been the effects of Title IX?
- How has the number of American women attending college changed since 1900? What has caused these changes? What have been the results?